• August 23, 2017 at 4:34 am #7741
    Jenni
    Participant

The fall feasts will mark one year that my family has been intentionally celebrating the Father’s appointed times (occasionally we celebrated with Torah Observant friends in the past but were not convicted). We have found so much blessing in partaking in this Holy Days and though we have much to learn we continue doing our best to celebrate. It became obvious to me that we were missing something when I saw that Yehovah repeatedly said these were “forever, throughout all your generations” (Lev. 23:14,21,31,41 too name a few). Recently, I stumbled upon an interesting fact: in Genesis 1:14 it says, “Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years…” The word “seasons” is mo’ed in Hebrew which means appointed times. So what we’re reading here is God put the lights in the sky to show us when His appointed times were! I found that fascinating! This cemented in my heart the fact that we should be celebrating them and they weren’t something temporary for a certain group of people, they were for all His people. Later I came across Jeremiah 33:19-26 (I’ll let you read it yourselves to save time/space here) and while the topic at hand was not necessarily about celebrating His feasts the discussion there even further backs up the fact that signs in the skies for appointed times are a lasting part of His Word.

I’d love to hear from others what knowledge you have of His appointed times being mentioned elsewhere in the Bible other than in the telling(s) of the law. Also I’d love to hear how others have found blessing in celebrating His feast days! We’re coming up on the fall feasts and I’m anticipating it with much excitement!

September 4, 2017 at 3:26 pm #7772
    Mike D.
    Participant

I couldn’t agree with you more!! YHVH’s appointed times are awesome and those who don’t do what they can to observe them are really missing out on a tremendous blessing. With respect to other scripture that discusses the appointed times outside of the Torah, you should check out Zechariah 14 if you haven’t already. This chapter is very difficult to reconcile if one believes that the appointed times were “done away with” through the death, burial and resurrection of Yeshua. It describes the coming “day of the Lord” when a great battle will take place for Jerusalem. Yeshua will return and take His rightful place as King over all the earth. Zechariah 14:16-19 then goes on to describe how the nations of the earth will come up each year to Jerusalem to celebrate Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles/Booths)!! Those who don’t come up to celebrate this feast will experience drought in their land, so they will be highly incentivised to make the trip.

“Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.”

Zechariah 14:16-19

September 4, 2017 at 6:15 pm #7773
    Jenni
    Participant

Wow! I had never read that before! Thank you for sharing. My husband and I are trying to host a dinner for each appointed time and we invite those who are interested in learning more but maybe haven’t come to a full understanding. My husband prepares a short bible study to share that explains how the particular Holy Day relates to us currently and why we should still keep them. He’ll have to include this for Sukkot!

September 5, 2017 at 1:13 pm #7779
    S. L. Ozbun
    Keymaster

I’m in agreement. I’m starting to learn and observe these Mo’ed myself. I still have a lot to learn and a long ways to go. I hosted my first Pasech Seder this year and it was an awesome blessing to me and everyone that attended. I look forward to the reign of Messiah, when we will all celebrate the appointed times and be taught the proper way to observe them. Shalom.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.